My First Session in Oracle Open World 2009
This year I will be presenting in OOW again. It will be my first presentation in OOW as an Oracle ACED. My first session will be on using Oracle 11g RAC, Linux, and Infiniband technologies in consolidating your data center. This year, one of the largest telecommunication technologies companies of Europe has implemented a 6 node RAC (144 Intel cores, 768 GB memory, with ~25TB storage) in order to increase its overall data center utilization and decrease its administration costs.
In this session of “allinone” cluster, you will be hearing how we have achieved more with less effort by moving more than 17 different single instance databases over this commodity Oracle RAC environment. Here are some questions I will be trying to answer throughout the session :
- Why do you need consolidation (Do you ?) ?
- How to architect such a system ?
- Why to bother about Infiniband for such a large implementation ?
- Why ASM is a must for such a large implementation ?
- How to standardize backups, init.ora, and grid environment management ?
- Why separation of Linux users for CRS,ASM,etc is critical ?
- And many others…
Let’s meet with the youngest Oracle ACE Director in Open World @ session S307853.
For other sessions given by other ACEDs refer to OTN TechBlog.